Saturday, April 28, 2007

I still like Buffalo......

Since our last post, nothing surprising to report.....no real upsets in Round 1...I picked the NYR to beat Atlanta, but didn't think they would sweep them in 4. Atlanta is a mess. They have a bunch of individuals there; its not a team. Too many me, myself and I players....with Kovalchuk leading the way in that category. I wasn't high on the trading for Tkachuk and Zhitnik either. Surely, GM Don Waddell regrets acquiring those 2 players....

As for the other series, I was hoping Pittsburgh would have made it tougher for Ottawa....The Penguins I believe, along with Buffalo, were the most exciting teams during the NHL Regular Season and I wanted to see more of them. Clearly Ottawa was just too deep and too strong. For the Pens, not enough experience. They will be back and their time will come. Word has it, Ray Shero is hoping to extend the contract of coach Michel Therrien and you know what......Michel Mon Belle deserves to be back....I have to admit, I never thought I would say this after the whole Bill Lindsay taking the faceoff mess in 2002 vs Carolina. Nor, did I think I would say it after his Montreal team constantly gave up 35+ shots per game.....Nor, did I think I would say it after Therrien said his team needed to give up less than 15 scoring chances per game....And finally, I never thought I would say this after Therrien crushed his players with a 1 minute rant last year following a loss in Edmonton. BUT, here goes....Therrien, has grown as a coach. He is a better tactician and a much better communicator. He handles himself a lot better and is much more composed. Does he still have some things to learn? YES. To start, he has to give Crosby more icetime...makes sense, he's the best player in the league. But like I said, he's growing and deserves to be back behind the bench. All that being said, I would give him a 1, maybe 2 year deal.

Here are my Round 2 predictions (with certainty): Buffalo and Anaheim. (not certain): NJ and Detroit......the opposite result (Ott & SJ)wouldnt surprise me one bit....what I can tell you is I have liked Buffalo to win the Cup for months and Im not changing my mind. They have coaching, solid goaltending, 6 D that can move the puck and 4 line depth with quick strike offense.

Here in Montreal,,,,,same old....same old.....Kovalev not happy; complaining about his situation to a Russian Daily Paper.....Mind you, a lot of the things he said were true. HOWEVER, if Kovalev wants to be true to himself; he should take 1 long look in the mirror and blame himself for not delivering the goods....It just seems like AK27 is trying to jet from Montreal to another destination next year....If he needs a lift to the Airport, ''Fillipo the Taxi Driver'' has already volunteered.....

Talk to you in a bit.

No comments: