Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My heart says Ottawa...my head says Anaheim.

I am 0 for 3 against Ottawa in this years playoffs. Those are my only wrong predictions. I think I know why I went against them too. I have no Sens in my playoff pool. As a matter of fact it was my intention to take some but it just didnt work out that way...when that happens you need to change your strategy. I liked Buffalo and Anaheim for the longest time and thought Buffalo would win in 7. Not because they were better but only because the past couple of seasons have shown us that Western teams run out of gas in the end. This year the crazy schedule saw Anaheim get 6 days off before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final....Ottawa got 9 days off. Its insane. ATTENTION GARY BETTMAN: I love Hockey....I can guarantee you, I love it more than you do. All that being said, hockey should not be played in the month of June. Either start the regular season 2 weeks earlier OR cut down divisional games for 8 to 6. That leaves you with a 74 game season. Neither will happen, but it should. Hockey played in June just doesnt make sense.

On the ice: I think its Anaheim year. I have always questioned the character and backbone of Spezza and Heatley. So far they have made me eat my words. But, this time around the challenge is particularly big. They will go up against PAHLSSON, R.NIEDERMAYER and T.MOEN; they're the best shutdown line in the league....not too mention PRONGER & S.NIEDERMAYER on D against them....these guys are 2 of the TOP 3 D-Men in the world....and should they make it past all of these guys they still have to beat JIGGY...who'se as hot as a firecracker right now in goal for Anaheim. The Sens will need their 2nd line to step up...I think they can BUT I love Anaheims 2nd line of Getzlaf-Perry and Penner...they can cycle like no other line can.

I will be in Ottawa covering game 4 and game 6 if necessary....Im pretty excited. Not everyday a reporter has the chance to work the Cup Game. Would be awesome if the series ends in 4 or 6 so I can be a part of it.

Ottawa has a great group of guys....its a terrific organization, they have an awesome locker room and an extremely sympathetic coach....My heart says Ottawa BUT I have liked Anaheim's team for the longest time. IMO, Anaheim has the best package of skill, size and grit.....Anaheim in 7.

Enjoy the Final everybody.

No comments: